We will be using the Doctrine and Covenants and Church History Class Member Study Guide this year. I will not be "recreating study guides" but I will share any additional information that I think will be helpful in our studies this year.
Also, here is an invitation to YOU to add via the comments section on this blog any ideas you may have to help motivate or encourage our class learning!
One idea is to categorize your thoughts into the following three buckets:
- Ah Haaaas! (I was formerly calling these 'appetizers') Insights connections, patterns, or themes that adds to your understanding & testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- TA Das! Personal accomplishments or acknowledgment of others relative to class purposes and lesson content or personal scripture study.
- Uh Ohs? Specific questions or challenges that were answered through the scriptures
• Hymn # 41 Let Zion in Her Beauty Rise - awesome hymn describing the context for D&C study! LDS Hymns
• Meridian Magazine – The Voice of Warning Shall be Unto All People, Scot Facer Proctor http://www.meridianmagazine.com/gospeldoctrine/dc/041228dcintro.html
• Web tool that provides daily scripture reading assigments: http://www.readthescriptures.com/