Witnesses to the Book of Mormon
Read D&C 5:11-15
• Consider the experiences of the witnesses. What were they commanded to do?
Read Ether 5:4
• Why was it important to assign 3 witnesses?
Jesus Christ adds his witness to the Book of Mormon in D&C 17:6; 19:26
- How easy was it for the witnesses to share what they experienced?
- What are the way’s we can witness the Book of Mormon?
Our Responsibility to “remember the new covenant”
Read D&C 84:54-55
• Why was the church under condemnation?
• What were they instructed to do to lift this condemnation?
Read D&C 84:57
And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written—
Continue reading D&C 84: 58-62 for further instructions.
Challenge - Reflect in your journal:
• How the Lord is preparing you to fulfill your purpose in building his kingdom? What preparations are you engaging to help build the kingdom of God?
• Think of what it would take for you to not “treat lightly the things that you have received”
• What ways do you “remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon”?
“The strength of the Church is not in . . . its thousands of houses of worship across the world, nor in its universities . . . The strength of this church lies in the hearts of its people, in the individual testimony and conviction of the truth of this work” CR 4/73 Ensign July 1973 pg 49. Gordon B. Hinckley